Did PRS win best black guitar of 2019?
They might have with this one.
I've said before that I don't like PRS guitars, but do like the Mira model. Out of everything PRS makes, Mira has a look to it with real character. Most importantly, it's not trying to copy another guitar and is its own design.
Before going further into this guitar, how does it play? It "plays like a PRS", which is not a bad thing. Mira has that slightly shorter 25.0" scale, their patented adjustable stoptail bridge, great tuners, great playability, and so on. If you know PRS, you already know how Mira plays and sounds. It will be good out-of-the-box.
It's the look that really sells this thing however. Even in basic black with a tortoise shell guard, Mira looks fantastic. Heck, even those dopey bird fret inlay markers look good when the finish is a solid color.
Simple guitar, simple switching, great design and very well thought out from stem to stern. This is a player's machine (except for the aforementioned dopey inlays). This is what a PRS is supposed to be.
On a final note, yes I know some of you like the bird inlays as that is a PRS thing. I don't. I just can't get used to them. But I totally admit this black Mira is the first I've seen from PRS in a while where the birds do not detract from the overall look and actually look right.
👍 Did you find this article helpful? Be a good doobie and leave a tip
More articles to check out
- State of the watch collection for end of 2019
- Why do we keep going back to the Stratocaster?
- The good and bad of preordering a guitar
- 1989 Squier II Stratocaster rides again
- Casio F-91W cheat sheet
- Did PRS win best black guitar of 2019?
- Black Friday guitars 2019
- The HSS guitar is not a good idea
- Cheap Strat copy replacement necks are sometimes better than genuine Fender
- This is most retro Casio watch released in almost 34 years