Did PRS win best black guitar of 2019?
They might have with this one.
I've said before that I don't like PRS guitars, but do like the Mira model. Out of everything PRS makes, Mira has a look to it with real character. Most importantly, it's not trying to copy another guitar and is its own design.
Before going further into this guitar, how does it play? It "plays like a PRS", which is not a bad thing. Mira has that slightly shorter 25.0" scale, their patented adjustable stoptail bridge, great tuners, great playability, and so on. If you know PRS, you already know how Mira plays and sounds. It will be good out-of-the-box.
It's the look that really sells this thing however. Even in basic black with a tortoise shell guard, Mira looks fantastic. Heck, even those dopey bird fret inlay markers look good when the finish is a solid color.
Simple guitar, simple switching, great design and very well thought out from stem to stern. This is a player's machine (except for the aforementioned dopey inlays). This is what a PRS is supposed to be.
On a final note, yes I know some of you like the bird inlays as that is a PRS thing. I don't. I just can't get used to them. But I totally admit this black Mira is the first I've seen from PRS in a while where the birds do not detract from the overall look and actually look right.
👍 Did you find this article helpful? Be a good doobie and leave a tip
More articles to check out
- Fender HM Strat is not a Stratocaster
- Squier raises the price on Classic Vibe Stratocasters
- Five of the better guitar shirts I've seen
- How to choose the right guitar octave pedal effect
- Hidden gem: Jackson Dinky JS22
- Why I haven't bought another Jazzmaster
- Does Fender play it too safe with American Professional Stratocaster colors?
- Best SG of 2019? Epiphone 1961 G-400 in Metallic Gold
- On switching to a cheap mechanical PC keyboard
- The absolute best accessory a guitar pedal addict can have