more bars, more gigs, social stuff
Yesterday eve I went to band practice and after that three of us (bass player couldn't make it and had to go home) stopped at a place on North Florida Ave in Tampa. It was "country night" there and there were hot women everywhere.
Small note: If you were to pit rock girl vs. country girl, the country girl is always hotter. Always. Without fail.
Anyway we stayed for about 10 minutes because we just wanted to scope the place out to see if we could gig there or not. We might.
Another place - which is admittedly a dive and has been called as such in the local paper - is very friendly to rock bands. In particular, death metal bands. We're not obviously of that ilk but we play a classic rock set currently, so chances are if we play there nothing bad will happen. However I will admit I don't like the place. I mean it's okay and all that but the entire inside of the place is BLACK - as in colored black. Jet black. Black everywhere. Did I mention it's black? Yeah I think I did. Black walls, black floor.. black everything.
Needless to say I like Pegasus a whole lot better. I'm certain we'll be there again soon.
In addition I made the suggestion we should switch to a more modern rock set and play some of the newer stuff. We play all old stuff now (we're all over 30), and while people dig that, the newer stuff is what the tweens like.
Obviously I'll be learning some of the newer songs. But no emo. I'm very anti-emo. 🙂
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984