more bars, more gigs, social stuff
Yesterday eve I went to band practice and after that three of us (bass player couldn't make it and had to go home) stopped at a place on North Florida Ave in Tampa. It was "country night" there and there were hot women everywhere.
Small note: If you were to pit rock girl vs. country girl, the country girl is always hotter. Always. Without fail.
Anyway we stayed for about 10 minutes because we just wanted to scope the place out to see if we could gig there or not. We might.
Another place - which is admittedly a dive and has been called as such in the local paper - is very friendly to rock bands. In particular, death metal bands. We're not obviously of that ilk but we play a classic rock set currently, so chances are if we play there nothing bad will happen. However I will admit I don't like the place. I mean it's okay and all that but the entire inside of the place is BLACK - as in colored black. Jet black. Black everywhere. Did I mention it's black? Yeah I think I did. Black walls, black floor.. black everything.
Needless to say I like Pegasus a whole lot better. I'm certain we'll be there again soon.
In addition I made the suggestion we should switch to a more modern rock set and play some of the newer stuff. We play all old stuff now (we're all over 30), and while people dig that, the newer stuff is what the tweens like.
Obviously I'll be learning some of the newer songs. But no emo. I'm very anti-emo. 🙂
More articles to check out
- The Fender Modern Player Marauder needs to come back
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone