This weekend (or possibly before) I'm going to attempt to get some new tunes written and do the same thing I did before, as in just post them as free-for-download. They may sound like songs from Del Rey or maybe they won't. I'm still discovering all the new and interesting sounds of the Fusion synth - so some cool stuff will be arriving here soon.
I'm doing this for a few reasons.
1. Because I can. (heh)
I got the tools. Why not.
2. Almost every time I've tried working with anyone else there are always massive delays which usually lead to zip/zilch/nada. Sometimes that isn't the case, but most of the time that's how things fare out.
There have been two instances of this recently. One is a a collab project with a guy from work, but he's extremely busy all the time. He's just got a full schedule and has lots of things on his plate at the moment. The other is a project that's not exactly taking off like I thought it would (which I found odd).
But whatever, it's okay. These days when it comes to anything musical I don't set the bar too high or expect instant fame and fortune or anything like that. Guess that's what age and wisdom bring you. For that I am thankful - because I can enjoy my tunes more and it makes for easier writing. 🙂
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984