This weekend (or possibly before) I'm going to attempt to get some new tunes written and do the same thing I did before, as in just post them as free-for-download. They may sound like songs from Del Rey or maybe they won't. I'm still discovering all the new and interesting sounds of the Fusion synth - so some cool stuff will be arriving here soon.
I'm doing this for a few reasons.
1. Because I can. (heh)
I got the tools. Why not.
2. Almost every time I've tried working with anyone else there are always massive delays which usually lead to zip/zilch/nada. Sometimes that isn't the case, but most of the time that's how things fare out.
There have been two instances of this recently. One is a a collab project with a guy from work, but he's extremely busy all the time. He's just got a full schedule and has lots of things on his plate at the moment. The other is a project that's not exactly taking off like I thought it would (which I found odd).
But whatever, it's okay. These days when it comes to anything musical I don't set the bar too high or expect instant fame and fortune or anything like that. Guess that's what age and wisdom bring you. For that I am thankful - because I can enjoy my tunes more and it makes for easier writing. 🙂
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see