moving gmail to google apps
Y'know, I don't know why I didn't do this sooner.
The mail on my domain is powered by Google Apps; it works very nicely.
I had assumed when signing up for Google Apps that the system would simply "convert" my Gmail account into a Google Apps account. Nope. The accounts are separate.
So how do you get all your Gmail into your Google Apps account?
It's actually a stupidly easy 1-2-3 step process:
1. In Gmail: enable POP.
2. In Gmail: Set to "delete Gmail's copy" when your Google Apps account accesses the mail on the Gmail account (makes it easier to manage).
3. In Google Apps: Go to Settings/Accounts and add your Gmail account there.
Google Apps auto-tags (unless you specify otherwise) the incoming Gmail as the e-mail address and it will grab every mail from the Gmail account.
You know what's cooler?
You can actually set your Google Apps account to send mail as your Gmail account for future send-outs.
Yes. Very cool. I likes it. 😀
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984