moving gmail to google apps
Y'know, I don't know why I didn't do this sooner.
The mail on my domain is powered by Google Apps; it works very nicely.
I had assumed when signing up for Google Apps that the system would simply "convert" my Gmail account into a Google Apps account. Nope. The accounts are separate.
So how do you get all your Gmail into your Google Apps account?
It's actually a stupidly easy 1-2-3 step process:
1. In Gmail: enable POP.
2. In Gmail: Set to "delete Gmail's copy" when your Google Apps account accesses the mail on the Gmail account (makes it easier to manage).
3. In Google Apps: Go to Settings/Accounts and add your Gmail account there.
Google Apps auto-tags (unless you specify otherwise) the incoming Gmail as the e-mail address and it will grab every mail from the Gmail account.
You know what's cooler?
You can actually set your Google Apps account to send mail as your Gmail account for future send-outs.
Yes. Very cool. I likes it. 😀
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see