moving gmail to google apps
Y'know, I don't know why I didn't do this sooner.
The mail on my domain is powered by Google Apps; it works very nicely.
I had assumed when signing up for Google Apps that the system would simply "convert" my Gmail account into a Google Apps account. Nope. The accounts are separate.
So how do you get all your Gmail into your Google Apps account?
It's actually a stupidly easy 1-2-3 step process:
1. In Gmail: enable POP.
2. In Gmail: Set to "delete Gmail's copy" when your Google Apps account accesses the mail on the Gmail account (makes it easier to manage).
3. In Google Apps: Go to Settings/Accounts and add your Gmail account there.
Google Apps auto-tags (unless you specify otherwise) the incoming Gmail as the e-mail address and it will grab every mail from the Gmail account.
You know what's cooler?
You can actually set your Google Apps account to send mail as your Gmail account for future send-outs.
Yes. Very cool. I likes it. 😀
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?