Music stuff, Server stuff and whatever stuff
Before I head on out to have my calipers greased on the Alero.. I thought I'd make a post here to tell everyone what's up.
- The jam session with Dave (bass player) last Thursday went very well. It turns out he's got some really cool music gear, like a thunder-can (you'd have to see it to know what I'm talking about), some bongos, nylon stringed guitar and some other goodies around.. with the best being a very nice (and expensive) AKG microphone. After recording with his mic I'm considering picking one up myself. Dave was also nice enough to sport me a copy of the famous (or infamous, you decide) "Grey Ghost" CD, which was a band Dave was in back in the 90's. Hey, it may not be stellar in recording quality, but this is all before digital recording came around. The fact that band actually got a CD done was amazing in itself considering many people were still using tape decks back then.
- As I am typing this I am doing final configurations on the server I blew up yesterday. This time 'round I'm taking my time with it rather than rushing it like I did before. Seems to be going ok. Hopefully I won't blow it up again. I have to train myself to think "this is a server, don't screw with it". 🙂
- Last Friday at work, I was reminded once again that I am single and hating it. A female co-worker asked me if I was seeing anyone, and of course I said "no" with a sorry sounding sigh. However, we both agreed that Northeastern Connecticut is not exactly the 'hot spot' for meeting women. Also, this place isn't exactly the place to meet attractive women, either. I'll put it to you this way: A lot of girls here need to lay off the twinkies. 😉
Life goes on I suppose. (grin)
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see