Music stuff, Server stuff and whatever stuff
Before I head on out to have my calipers greased on the Alero.. I thought I'd make a post here to tell everyone what's up.
- The jam session with Dave (bass player) last Thursday went very well. It turns out he's got some really cool music gear, like a thunder-can (you'd have to see it to know what I'm talking about), some bongos, nylon stringed guitar and some other goodies around.. with the best being a very nice (and expensive) AKG microphone. After recording with his mic I'm considering picking one up myself. Dave was also nice enough to sport me a copy of the famous (or infamous, you decide) "Grey Ghost" CD, which was a band Dave was in back in the 90's. Hey, it may not be stellar in recording quality, but this is all before digital recording came around. The fact that band actually got a CD done was amazing in itself considering many people were still using tape decks back then.
- As I am typing this I am doing final configurations on the server I blew up yesterday. This time 'round I'm taking my time with it rather than rushing it like I did before. Seems to be going ok. Hopefully I won't blow it up again. I have to train myself to think "this is a server, don't screw with it". 🙂
- Last Friday at work, I was reminded once again that I am single and hating it. A female co-worker asked me if I was seeing anyone, and of course I said "no" with a sorry sounding sigh. However, we both agreed that Northeastern Connecticut is not exactly the 'hot spot' for meeting women. Also, this place isn't exactly the place to meet attractive women, either. I'll put it to you this way: A lot of girls here need to lay off the twinkies. 😉
Life goes on I suppose. (grin)
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago