Never buying Levi's again
I normally keep jeans a long time. I've had some that lasted for several years - without ripping or tearing or looking too faded or whatever.
Normally I prefer to buy Levi's SilverTab. They last a long time, BUT - they're hard to find and they're expensive.
I made the mistake of buying a lesser brand of Levi's, the 505's, about 6 months ago. I bought 2 pair. You won't see this advertised on Levi's web site, because they suck as I found out.
A few weeks ago, one pair ripped - right below the zipper. Yeah, that spot.
No big deal. But then, not more than 2 months later, the other pair I had ripped - in the exact same spot.
My SilverTabs on the other hand have lasted well over 5 years. No rips, no tears, only a little fading.
"Screw this" I said. I wasn't about to spend 30 to 40 dollars for a single pair of jeans, nor was I going to buy any more 505's.
I went and bought 2 pair of 5-star Wranglers ("Hero" series) from Wal-Mart. Very comfy. Very good looking - and cheap at $15 a pair(!!!!)
Hopefully these will last a while. 🙂 And if not, they're pretty cheap so I can always buy more without going to the poorhouse. (grin)
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984