new windshield in '05 gmc canyon
Above: Before (old glass out, note the dangling rear view mirror)
Above: After (it doesn't reflect much better than this..)
I have to let my truck sit for a few hours before I drive her again, but it will be well worth it.
The previous windshield was pitted badly. I had thought it was just dirty, but no matter how many times I cleaned it (inside and out) the pits remained. However I still drove it around like this until this morning. The sun hit the glass and I couldn't see a thing with all those pits. Very scary stuff. It was at that point I said "Yep. This has gotta be changed out."
I called up my insurance company and found out the glass was covered, so good deal there. They scheduled a shop to stop over, which they did (see above) and changed out the glass. Even though I haven't driven her with the new glass yet, the difference is like night and day. The most important part is that I will now see properly while driving again.
Safety first. 🙂
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see