new windshield in '05 gmc canyon
Above: Before (old glass out, note the dangling rear view mirror)
Above: After (it doesn't reflect much better than this..)
I have to let my truck sit for a few hours before I drive her again, but it will be well worth it.
The previous windshield was pitted badly. I had thought it was just dirty, but no matter how many times I cleaned it (inside and out) the pits remained. However I still drove it around like this until this morning. The sun hit the glass and I couldn't see a thing with all those pits. Very scary stuff. It was at that point I said "Yep. This has gotta be changed out."
I called up my insurance company and found out the glass was covered, so good deal there. They scheduled a shop to stop over, which they did (see above) and changed out the glass. Even though I haven't driven her with the new glass yet, the difference is like night and day. The most important part is that I will now see properly while driving again.
Safety first. 🙂
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984