new windshield in '05 gmc canyon
Above: Before (old glass out, note the dangling rear view mirror)
Above: After (it doesn't reflect much better than this..)
I have to let my truck sit for a few hours before I drive her again, but it will be well worth it.
The previous windshield was pitted badly. I had thought it was just dirty, but no matter how many times I cleaned it (inside and out) the pits remained. However I still drove it around like this until this morning. The sun hit the glass and I couldn't see a thing with all those pits. Very scary stuff. It was at that point I said "Yep. This has gotta be changed out."
I called up my insurance company and found out the glass was covered, so good deal there. They scheduled a shop to stop over, which they did (see above) and changed out the glass. Even though I haven't driven her with the new glass yet, the difference is like night and day. The most important part is that I will now see properly while driving again.
Safety first. 🙂
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago