no power to the people
This morning I woke up to find my computer was off. That means the power went out over the course of the night. Again.
My power will go out at least once a month. During the summer it's twice a month. Each time it happens it's usually less than a minute. Does it bother me? It used to but now I'm accustomed to it.
It would be very easy for me to point the blame at Tampa Electric for this, however I really can't say that because I've seen similar outages all over Tampa Bay Florida.
Why does Tampa Bay have a lot of power outages? Easy answer: Lightning. Sometimes it's so dense that it has a strobe effect in the sky - something I've seen many times.
If there were, say, 500 lightning strikes from a single system, that's considered normal. If it goes up over 1,000, that's "a lot". Then there's the ridiculous when there are more than 4,000 recorded strikes from a single storm. In some areas of the state it can even get close to 10,000. Granted, it has to be a wallop of a storm to have that happen, but the point is it can happen here.
It's a good thing I find lightning cool. 🙂
9 days until the next newsletter. Don't miss out.
👍 Like this article? Send a tip.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Cheap guitar collectible for end of 2021, Squier Bullet Stratocaster HT
- There's still a need for the Tascam DP-006
- This year's Thanksgiving guitar, Gretsch G5031FT Rancher
- A thing to watch out for with cheap Strat copy guitars
- Burgundy Mist makes an appearance on a very affordable Telecaster
- Two mailing address solutions we don't use but should
- Bad vision friendly watch, Casio W218
- How I feel about the phone these days as a Gen-X in the 20s
- A better green Fender Telecaster
- Living with a high mileage car (over 144,000 miles!)