no 'tubing / time / im
no vlogs here
What I don't do, and probably never will do, is do video blogging, a.k.a. "vlogging". Over at YouTube, that's called "'tubing".
So why don't I vlog? Is it that I can't record video? No, I can record. Easily. Is it that I can't edit video? Anyone who knows me knows I can edit. I mean, sheesh, I have a college degree in videography.
I don't vlog primarily for three reasons.
1. It's a pain in the ass mainly due to the fact I don't have a webcam attached to my monitor.
3. I don't like the way I look on camera. 'Nuff said.
the span of time on the internet
Since no one to the best of my knowledge has ever calculated the perceived span of time in internet years compared to human or real-life years, I'm going to do so right now.
One internet year = 0.1 calendar years
One internet year = One tenth of a calendar year.
How can I prove this? Check this out..
Anything that is popular on the internet only holds its popularity for just over a month. I'm not kidding. People's attention spans are that low. Furthermore, if it's anything "cool", it's completely lost its coolness by the time it gets on television.
Now ask yourself this: Can you honestly remember anything you did on the internet more than a month ago, much less a year ago? Probably not. I can't. I can barely keep up with what I have goin' on right now. 🙂
So, in short, anything popular now will be dead in a little over a month.
...unless you continually update and keep fresh content.
I have a love/hate relationship with instant messaging. As of yesterday, I've gone back to using Trillian. I was using AIM 6.0 and Yahoo! Messenger 8.1.
AIM was ticking me off because it's now too bulky and has too much crap in it. My computer had to "think" about it whenever I wanted to open up something as simple as the buddy list.
Yahoo was ticking me off because it would randomly drop its connection for no reason. My connectivity is solid, so it's not my ISP's fault. And besides that, AIM never dropped either.
Since going back to Trillian, the chat windows and lists all come up lightning quick, connectivity never drops and I once again have all my IM accounts centralized.
9 days until the next newsletter. Don't miss out.
👍 Like this article? Send a tip.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Cheap guitar collectible for end of 2021, Squier Bullet Stratocaster HT
- There's still a need for the Tascam DP-006
- This year's Thanksgiving guitar, Gretsch G5031FT Rancher
- A thing to watch out for with cheap Strat copy guitars
- Burgundy Mist makes an appearance on a very affordable Telecaster
- Two mailing address solutions we don't use but should
- Bad vision friendly watch, Casio W218
- How I feel about the phone these days as a Gen-X in the 20s
- A better green Fender Telecaster
- Living with a high mileage car (over 144,000 miles!)