one sound to rule them all
Surreal is the only word that can describe the sound you hear. It's one thing to hear a score in a movie, but it's totally another when you actually hear it performed. It is nothing short of awe-inspiring to hear music like this live.
Even though the conductor was a bit rough around the edges, the overall sound was incredible. Pieces from all three movies were performed. Everything was there; from the Shire in the beginning to the end where the hero sails to the west at the end of the third film.
In case you're wondering, yes, there was a full 100+ person choir in addition to the musicians - and that alone is intense.
I intend on seeing many more concerts like this in the future. 🙂
13 days until the next newsletter. Don't miss out.
👍 Like this article? Send a tip.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- There's still a need for the Tascam DP-006
- This year's Thanksgiving guitar, Gretsch G5031FT Rancher
- A thing to watch out for with cheap Strat copy guitars
- Burgundy Mist makes an appearance on a very affordable Telecaster
- Two mailing address solutions we don't use but should
- Bad vision friendly watch, Casio W218
- How I feel about the phone these days as a Gen-X in the 20s
- A better green Fender Telecaster
- Living with a high mileage car (over 144,000 miles!)
- Hamburger: The Motion Picture