one sound to rule them all
Surreal is the only word that can describe the sound you hear. It's one thing to hear a score in a movie, but it's totally another when you actually hear it performed. It is nothing short of awe-inspiring to hear music like this live.
Even though the conductor was a bit rough around the edges, the overall sound was incredible. Pieces from all three movies were performed. Everything was there; from the Shire in the beginning to the end where the hero sails to the west at the end of the third film.
In case you're wondering, yes, there was a full 100+ person choir in addition to the musicians - and that alone is intense.
I intend on seeing many more concerts like this in the future. 🙂
More articles to check out
- Back when a 3.5" screen was good enough (and still is)
- 32GB microSD memory cards might be on the way out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed