I'm insecure and I like it, dammit
I use Thunderbird for my e-mail program. It's free, works great and doesn't need a patch every other week due to some stupid security hole.
Anyway, I had to send an e-mail to someone yesterday, but they insisted I send using PGP security ("Pretty Good Privacy"). Here's my opinion of it: It sucks. I sent off a mail, then tried to reopen the mail I just sent, the passphrase didn't work, and now when I receive the e-mail from the guy I sent it to I probably won't even be able to read it because of "bad passphrase". AAARRHGHGHGHGHGHGHHH.. Why on God's Earth anyone would use this I don't know. I think it's for paranoid people who have this underlying fear of e-mail in general.
So to the guy I sent the mail to.. well.. sorry dude. If you send a mail back I won't be able to read it. Meh. (angry!!!!!) I'm sticking with plain e-mail. Works for me, always has - no reason to change it otherwise.
Because of the massive amounts of writing I've been doing here, I've decided to pick up screenplay writing again. Yeah I know, sounds very cliche to say "I'm writing a screenplay". But seriously speaking, it's very cool. I couldn't go to work yesterday due to an illness, so I spent most of the day writing, for about 5 or 6 hours - uninterrupted. Very nice.
The way I write here is from work usually, and I'm constantly interrupted whenever I'm writing. It's amazing I can actually get anything on this site (grin), but somehow I do.
Screenplays normally consist of three "acts", and I was able to finish about 95% of Act 1 yesterday. Couldn't believe how fast it came together.. that's what happens when I actually have time to sit and write. 🙂 I estimate that Act 2 will take a lot longer to complete, and Act 3 should come together very quickly.
Concerning Act 1, I was able to sit back and read through it yesterday after finishing most of it, and it completely amazed me because I could see the pictures from what was written on the page. That is a very cool feeling, because it's tough to piece together a million ideas into a structured form that's consistent, but I believe I was able to do that with flying colors. I'm really looking forward to finishing Act 1 completely and starting on Act 2.
..and I was interrupted a total of about 4 times during the writing of this post. 🙂
Check THIS out..
Google has this thing called GMail which allows you to have 1 GIG (yeah, a gig, as in 1000MB) on webmail space for a GMail account. This would be email@example.com. You get to choose your e-mail name obviously.
But there's a catch, it's invite only. Only the select few out there are able to get these e-mail accounts. You have to know someone who has the "invite" priviledge and have them invite you. Well guess what - someone here at work had a few invites left (you're only allowed so many) and gave me a GMail account. Kick.. Ass. (grin)
How was I able to get this from a guy at work? Pretty simple actually, I wore my Red Sox cap to work today - he said "I'll give you one because you wore the cap". He happens to be a big Sox fan.
- Casio F-91W cheat sheet
- List of 24.75" scale length guitars and other shorter models
- Gibson's "Norlin era" electric guitars
- How to set the time and date on a Casio CA-53 (with video and review)
- Help with guitar setup (it's more than just adjustments)
- This is absolutely the classiest cheap P90 electric guitar
- My favorite China copy relic guitars
- Rich's recommended guitar strings for Squier Stratocasters
- What is the right way to adjust a truss rod at the heel?
- What does a Fender Greasebucket tone circuit actually do?
- 2023 manual transmission cars that run on regular gas
- The guaranteed way to get the right car directions every time
- It's time to throw out those old USB sticks
- These stupid things are needed for cleaning guitars and electronics
- Why I will never own a Gibson SG guitar