After a dissatisfying experience with the other software I was using, I've changed over to MoveableType. So far it's pretty cool. A lot of the "pro" sites use this and are happy with it.
Anyway - this stock template will most likely go away soon (in favor of the cool black template I just made), so watch for it. (grin)
After blowing up the server several times (heh) and doing several WinNT reinstalls, I finally got the machine back to where I think it should be. Seems to run pretty good.. SLOW.. (but then again is a P200).. by pretty good. Time will tell to see if it's stable enough for continued use.
Also, I just re-did the web design for my Counter-Strike team. Looks pretty good if I do say so mah-self. 😉
Before I head on out to have my calipers greased on the Alero.. I thought I'd make a post here to tell everyone what's up.
- The jam session with Dave (bass player) last Thursday went very well. It turns out he's got some really cool music gear, like a thunder-can (you'd have to see it to know what I'm talking about), some bongos, nylon stringed guitar and some other goodies around.. with the best being a very nice (and expensive) AKG microphone. After recording with his mic I'm considering picking one up myself. Dave was also nice enough to sport me a copy of the famous (or infamous, you decide) "Grey Ghost" CD, which was a band Dave was in back in the 90's. Hey, it may not be stellar in recording quality, but this is all before digital recording came around. The fact that band actually got a CD done was amazing in itself considering many people were still using tape decks back then.
- As I am typing this I am doing final configurations on the server I blew up yesterday. This time 'round I'm taking my time with it rather than rushing it like I did before. Seems to be going ok. Hopefully I won't blow it up again. I have to train myself to think "this is a server, don't screw with it". 🙂
- Last Friday at work, I was reminded once again that I am single and hating it. A female co-worker asked me if I was seeing anyone, and of course I said "no" with a sorry sounding sigh. However, we both agreed that Northeastern Connecticut is not exactly the 'hot spot' for meeting women. Also, this place isn't exactly the place to meet attractive women, either. I'll put it to you this way: A lot of girls here need to lay off the twinkies. 😉
Life goes on I suppose. (grin)
- Casio F-91W cheat sheet
- List of 24.75" scale length guitars and other shorter models
- LED Christmas lights are still terrible
- The HSS guitar is not a good idea
- Gibson's "Norlin era" electric guitars
- What is the right way to adjust a truss rod at the heel?
- The reasons why electric guitars do not use XLR
- Why are barbers these days so terrible?
- How to set the time and date on a Casio CA-53 (with video and review)
- Casio W59 is better than Casio F-91W
- The future of USB is C and A
- I've been using Tracfone for over 10 years
- This cassette is an MP3 player with 3 layers of retro going on
- I'm a believer in headlight restoration kits now
- I want more lights in my life