Here's the "cute but weird" story of the day... a cat born with 4 ears, in Germany. Would I have adopted this kitty? Absolutely. It is beyond cool to have a cat with 4 ears.
A friend of mine uses Charter Internet for his internet service here in Connecticut. Mine is Eastern Connecticut Cable. Currently, Charter is down - as in no connectivity whatsoever in CT areas. Zilch. Zero. Been that way since yesterday.... ouch. Major setback for Charter. It probably means all over their home users and SoHo users (Small Office/Home Office) are down as well - both here in CT and into Massachusetts. I can only imagine how much money is being lost right now because of this. Charter's going to have to answer the hard questions about why this happened really soon.
Politically incorrect but unfortunately true
I was driving to the bank today and stopped at a red light, there was one car in front of me. It was a woman driver (younger one) talking on her cell phone. Light turned green - she had no idea. Just sat there gabbin' away on her cell phone. Had to honk at her to get her to move. Then she has the nerve to look back at me in her rear view mirror as if I did something wrong.
Every single time this has ever happened to me, it has been a teen-to-tween (tween means 20's) woman driver on her cell phone. Never fails. And they all look the same:
White or hispanic girl, long straight hair, with those cool (only to her) dark oval sunglasses bought for 5 bucks at Wal-Mart. Skinny to the point of being disgusting. Cell phone is usually one of those very stupid looking "colored" things, like pink or royal purple and is usually pretty beat-up looking. The car? Usually a four-cylinder piece of garbage like a Chevy Cavalier or Dodge Neon with stuffed animals in the rear window and worn out bumper stickers on the rear bumper. Usually at least one tail light is not working.
I pray to God that someone passes a DWT (Driving-While-Talking) law in this state. Several other states have already adopted this. I very much support the DWT law.
If you can afford a cell phone, you can afford a hands-free setup or an earpiece with a mic attached. It's only 20 bucks at Radio Shack, so you have no excuse. I have the earpiece with the mic. Works just fine.
- Casio F-91W cheat sheet
- List of 24.75" scale length guitars and other shorter models
- Gibson's "Norlin era" electric guitars
- How to set the time and date on a Casio CA-53 (with video and review)
- Help with guitar setup (it's more than just adjustments)
- This is absolutely the classiest cheap P90 electric guitar
- My favorite China copy relic guitars
- Rich's recommended guitar strings for Squier Stratocasters
- What is the right way to adjust a truss rod at the heel?
- What does a Fender Greasebucket tone circuit actually do?
- 2023 manual transmission cars that run on regular gas
- The guaranteed way to get the right car directions every time
- It's time to throw out those old USB sticks
- These stupid things are needed for cleaning guitars and electronics
- Why I will never own a Gibson SG guitar