Perks of doing the biz thing
I've been out of Connecticut for over a month now and only just recently did I go to the post office and finally file a change of address form. Today I got all the mail that was holed up in Connecticut. Lots of junk, both consumer and business related. (Small side note: I get lots of promotional stuff for the biz in my postal mail still to this day.)
One promotional thing in particular caught my eye. There was a $50 credit for Google AdWords. Hmm. This I could actually use. So I did. I signed up for AdWords and used the credit. The cool thing about AdWords is that you can stretch out the campaign for quite a long time. I should be able to get a month's worth of free advertising out of this. Whether it will actually work or not doesn't matter. Fifty bucks of free advertising is nothing to throw away and I'll take all I can get.
I also received some really cool magazines. I got Fortune Small Business (they keep sending me them, I've never paid for them), Millimeter, a filmmaking mag and another "Indie" mag which is also for filmmakers.
Free is good. You wouldn't believe some of the lavish stuff I get in the mail. I mean, we're talking full color laminated stuff. Some of it is very impressive. 98% of it is crap, but that small 2% sometimes has some really good free stuff.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?