poi database generator
Behold, my mad programming skills (heh).
I introduce the POI Database Generator. Check it out. As far as I know I'm the first one on the internet to do this.
A lot of people visit this site looking for POI information (particularly for Garmin products) and are desperately seeking any information on how to get POI's (that's "Points of Interest" by the way) for use with their GPS products. To date, very few databases are publicly available. As a matter of fact, I'm one of the few people that actually offers any for download on my GPS page at all(!)
So I brainstormed a bit and wrote a script that generates POI's. All for free, because I'm such a nice guy. 😉
To GPS geeks near and far, enjoy.
More articles to check out
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984
- A list of ridiculously accurate watches