My sister bought me Punch-Out!!, a game I've wanted for a long time. Is it good? Yes, very good. The game looks, plays and acts exactly as if you were in a cartoon - and that's awesome. Furthermore, it has a 100% arcade feel to it which is even better. Wow, did Nintendo nail it good with this title.
I played it first using the Wii Remote "active" style using swings and so on, then tried it console style (using the Wii Remote like a regular controller). The console way of doing it is much better for game play, no question.
I realized something when I was playing the game console-style. This was literally the first time I'd actually sat down in front of a television just to play a video game in about, oh, 7 years. Maybe longer. And when I say play I mean play.
Since I bought my Wii I have been using it actively, but never sit-down style. The thoughts that ran through my head were "Wow, this is cool" and "Wow, it's been forever since I've done this."
And let's not forget that playing console style on a Wii is almost identical to how an NES was played back in the 80s. Same rectangular controller. Same button placement.
Punch-Out!! is childhood relived. The game, the characters, the play style, how you play it, everything.
Two big thumbs, or rather fists, up.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two