I remember a time when I used to change my blog template seemingly every other week, but then I stopped doing that and concentrated on content.
Due to a few plans I have in work, it was time to change the blog template again, so here it is. The goal was basically to make it more readable and easier to differentiate my music blogs from my personal blogs. On the home page there's the 2 types of posts (music and personal) in title summary, and with the exception of the home page or "(more...)" page, the background color is blue for music, green for personal. I'm not going to get into all the programming crapola I had to do to make that work, but let's just say it was a huge pain in the ass. 🙂
I personally don't believe there's any real way to use WordPress without having to learn how to program whether in small or large amounts. With all the programming I did for what appears to be the simplest stuff you think would be easy but really isn't, there are some site owners that would probably pay me good money just to have the same functionality.
The only reason I know how to hack code at all is because I was basically forced to learn it back in the day. In the late 90s and early 2000s there was nothing like what we have now. But even with what we have, code still has to be hacked up to make it do what you want and there's just no other way. Well, not unless you want to pay someone to do it for you, and that's not cheap. If someone wanted to hire me to add in the functionality I did here, they'd have to flash some decent green my way because it was such a pain in the ass to do here.
Hope this was all worth it. 🙂
More articles to check out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing