ring ring ring
ring ring ring, land ho
My digital phone (land-line) got activated today. I can't tell you how much I've missed having a "real" phone, as in one where I can call anyone I want and just not worry about minutes, overcharges and so on. Very, very cool.
I have this now-ancient Panasonic cordless phone set. One's on the base and I have one satellite. I spent a good coin on this phone set. The antenna lights up when a call comes in, both handsets have speakerphone built-in, the buttons are big, the display is very readable and, well.. it's an awesome phone set.
For those that know my home phone number, no I did not transfer my existing land-line number to this one. The reason is because from day 1 (more or less) I received almost nothing but telemarketer calls. And since people primarily contacted me via my cell phone anyway there was no reason to keep it.
cell ring ring ring
Being that Verizon is #1 on my fecal roster I've been shopping around for a different provider and phone plan. Sprint is going to be the one because:
- They have a $29.99 a month plan.
- They give away a free Motorola RAZR v3m with their current plans.
As some know, I already have a v3m with Verizon and I like it a lot, so... this should be a no-brainer. What I have to find out is how much of a whack I'm going to take for the early termination fee from Verizon.
Being that I don't necessarily feel like dealing with Verizon's ass-tastic customer support, I think I'll call tomorrow.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago