My Blizzak's arrived today. Can't say that I'm "wowed" by them much, I mean a tire's a tire. But they do have that new-tire smell. Mmmmm.. (grin) Trust me, that's a good thing.
Anyway, they arrived safe and sound and on time, which is the usual great service I get from TireRack. That company has never ceased to amaze me with their very prompt service. The tires look exactly as they did in the image (without the shiny gloss polish of course) and the model I ordered is exactly what they delivered; no surprises.
I will not be mounting these right away. The first week of November is when the rubber will be put on the car. Driving them any time beforehand will just take away mileage that should (and will) be put to snow driving.
Gotta admit that for snow tires these are quite stylish. Very modern looking. They have those Goodyear-esque slanted/italicized lettering and that small snowflake-on-the-mountain symbol. Only true snow tires have that mark. Hot tip: If it's not there, it's not a snow tire.
This will be my 3rd set of Bridgestone tires. My 1st set was Firestone Firehawk SS10's which were mounted on one of my previous cars (1986 Camaro). Very nice. 2nd set was some god-awful Wilderness AT's on another previous vehicle ('94 S-10 Blazer), but that was a known bad tire (didn't know that before I bought 'em). The Blizzak's will be my 3rd set from Bridgestone.
For those who don't know, Bridgestone, Firestone and Dayton are the same company, see for yourself (click "Product Name" from that link - they're all there). Typically, Bridgestone seems to be top-of-the-mark concerning the tire line... most of the time, it depends what you get. I do know that Blizzak's have remained top dog in passenger tires for a long time, so I was able to purchase these with confidence.
When November comes around, we'll see if they live up to what most people say about them. I believe that they will.
👍 Did you find this article helpful? Be a good doobie and leave a tip
More articles to check out
- Black Friday guitars 2019
- The HSS guitar is not a good idea
- Cheap Strat copy replacement necks are sometimes better than genuine Fender
- This is most retro Casio watch released in almost 34 years
- Cheap "metal beginner" guitars are the open secret to great blues tone
- You can't beat a Gretsch in gold
- It takes balls to play an Avocado color guitar
- Two future collectible guitars, Squier and Fender
- The secret that country guitar players use for clean tone
- Whatever happened to the Washburn Nuno Bettencourt N4 guitar?