slight name change
Ever since I've been hosting a blog on www.menga.net, I've always called it "menga dot net". I did this for two reasons:
- When I first started this, another popular blogger at the time had "[his name] dot net" and I thought it was a cool idea.
- Being I didn't have the dot-com, I thought maybe having "dot net" in the title would solidify the fact that the web address is in fact menga.net.
Per point 1, no, it's not a cool idea and never was.
Per point 2, to this day nobody remembers the "dot net" part. Ever. Even if I spent a crapload of cash and put a HUGE billboard on I-275 that said "MENGA DOT NET", people would still say.. "What dot com is that?"
So the name is now just menga. That's it. No more "dot net". The address is the same and only the name has changed.
When people ask me for my web address now, all I say is "Search for Menga and you'll find it; it's always in the top three."
I don't have to even say "Google for menga" specifically, because whether you search for this site on Google, Yahoo! or Live, if you do a search for "menga" you will find me. I'll either be the first, second or third result.
So like I said above, the name of this site is just menga now.
Maybe you don't care but it matters to me. 🙂
12 days until the next newsletter. Don't miss out.
👍 Like this article? Send a tip.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Cheap guitar collectible for end of 2021, Squier Bullet Stratocaster HT
- There's still a need for the Tascam DP-006
- This year's Thanksgiving guitar, Gretsch G5031FT Rancher
- A thing to watch out for with cheap Strat copy guitars
- Burgundy Mist makes an appearance on a very affordable Telecaster
- Two mailing address solutions we don't use but should
- Bad vision friendly watch, Casio W218
- How I feel about the phone these days as a Gen-X in the 20s
- A better green Fender Telecaster
- Living with a high mileage car (over 144,000 miles!)