stomping grounds gets updated - slightly
I was sent some photos recently from a friend who still lives at the stomping grounds; she sent me updated stuff on what happened to the large lot here and the refreshing of the building directly across the street from that lot.
You're probably thinking, "Eh, just some businesses. No big deal."
Well, just check out how these properties used to look a year ago:
I was able to scarf the above images from Google and Bing Maps. This is one of those instances where I'm thankful the haven't updated their "Bird's Eye"/"Street View" just yet. 🙂
Both buildings up until the refresh were absolutely wrecked by the ravages of time. The Ames portion of the building had been derelict for almost seven years. The Beit Bros. side was vacated in the late 2000s and was derelict for about 18 or 24 months.
The particular area above stayed the same for 20-ish years. A bunch of stuff got built, and then it was like someone took out a watch in the early 1990s and said, "Okay, time stops.... right here." And that's the way it was for a good long time.
Windham County is slowly but surely updating. It took 20 years, but I guess better late than never.
12 days until the next newsletter. Don't miss out.
👍 Like this article? Send a tip.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Cheap guitar collectible for end of 2021, Squier Bullet Stratocaster HT
- There's still a need for the Tascam DP-006
- This year's Thanksgiving guitar, Gretsch G5031FT Rancher
- A thing to watch out for with cheap Strat copy guitars
- Burgundy Mist makes an appearance on a very affordable Telecaster
- Two mailing address solutions we don't use but should
- Bad vision friendly watch, Casio W218
- How I feel about the phone these days as a Gen-X in the 20s
- A better green Fender Telecaster
- Living with a high mileage car (over 144,000 miles!)