Surfin' at Juno turtle speeds...
I have a backup Juno internet access account. Ten bucks a month. Can't really beat that, the price is right. Just for the "fun" of it I'm writing this article while on dial-up. Fortunately I've designed this site to be fast, so it's not a chore to surf it even on a slow connection.
In a way I miss how the internet used to be. Dial-up back in the day wasn't all too bad because the majority of the web sites out there weren't so clogged up with graphics and other useless crap. Nowadays you can't even surf yahoo.com without waiting almost 20 to 30 seconds for it to load up on dial-up.
Ah well.. the days of fast loading web sites are all but gone if on dial-up. Guess it's just a sign of the times.
More articles to check out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing