switched to hotmail
There was a time.. not so long ago.. that I was a complete Google whore. Everything I had was Google-fied. Then Gmail ticked me off and I stopped using it.
Since that time I used Thunderbird but quickly realized a few things:
- I can't sync my address book. Actually that's not true, you can do it with certain t-bird plugins, but the fact you have to download/install separate crap just to do a simple task is annoying - and then you have to follow suit on every computer you use. Screw that.
- I need space. If I kept the mail on my web host I would run out of storage. It wouldn't happen for a while, but the point is that yes, it would occur eventually.
- I need mail that is the same both on the web and in a client.
The only mail that does this is Hotmail.
- It has 5GB storage. That's more than enough for what I use mail for.
- The address book syncs seamlessly between the Windows Live Mail client and the Hotmail web interface (very nice.) Gmail never did this and still doesn't.
- The Windows Live Mail client is, said honestly, the best free mail app there is. No question. There is nothing else on any OS that does mail as easily as WLmail with Hotmail does.
I switched - completely. The mail on this domain is now handled via Live Domains.
Well.. I guess you could call me a Microsoft whore now. If you did you'd be right. But in all seriousness, there really isn't anything better than what Microsoft is offering right now in the mail department.
Can you name anyone else that has a killer mail client and a killer mail service and the ability to tack it to your domain - for free?
I didn't think so.
More articles to check out
- 32GB microSD memory cards might be on the way out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp