switched to hotmail
There was a time.. not so long ago.. that I was a complete Google whore. Everything I had was Google-fied. Then Gmail ticked me off and I stopped using it.
Since that time I used Thunderbird but quickly realized a few things:
- I can't sync my address book. Actually that's not true, you can do it with certain t-bird plugins, but the fact you have to download/install separate crap just to do a simple task is annoying - and then you have to follow suit on every computer you use. Screw that.
- I need space. If I kept the mail on my web host I would run out of storage. It wouldn't happen for a while, but the point is that yes, it would occur eventually.
- I need mail that is the same both on the web and in a client.
The only mail that does this is Hotmail.
- It has 5GB storage. That's more than enough for what I use mail for.
- The address book syncs seamlessly between the Windows Live Mail client and the Hotmail web interface (very nice.) Gmail never did this and still doesn't.
- The Windows Live Mail client is, said honestly, the best free mail app there is. No question. There is nothing else on any OS that does mail as easily as WLmail with Hotmail does.
I switched - completely. The mail on this domain is now handled via Live Domains.
Well.. I guess you could call me a Microsoft whore now. If you did you'd be right. But in all seriousness, there really isn't anything better than what Microsoft is offering right now in the mail department.
Can you name anyone else that has a killer mail client and a killer mail service and the ability to tack it to your domain - for free?
I didn't think so.
9 days until the next newsletter. Don't miss out.
👍 Like this article? Send a tip.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Cheap guitar collectible for end of 2021, Squier Bullet Stratocaster HT
- There's still a need for the Tascam DP-006
- This year's Thanksgiving guitar, Gretsch G5031FT Rancher
- A thing to watch out for with cheap Strat copy guitars
- Burgundy Mist makes an appearance on a very affordable Telecaster
- Two mailing address solutions we don't use but should
- Bad vision friendly watch, Casio W218
- How I feel about the phone these days as a Gen-X in the 20s
- A better green Fender Telecaster
- Living with a high mileage car (over 144,000 miles!)