Tales from the '05 GMC Canyon: Blown Resistor
Yesterday I went to turn the air conditioning on in my truck and the first three (out of four) settings didn't work. Only the highest fan speed did.
I had a very similar problem on a 2000 Oldsmobile Alero. Turned out to be a blown resistor.
It seems the exact same issue is happening with my truck.
Today I will be taking the truck in for service. If all goes well, this will be under $100 total including labor. At the most $150.. hopefully. It depends if the entire board needs to be replaced (which would very very costly) or if just a small portion of the board needs replacement.
The truck has around 55,000 miles on it at present.
More articles to check out
- I bought an Ibanez AS73, and then returned it
- The Fender Modern Player Marauder needs to come back
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time