this is what happens when you don't back up your data
I noticed today that one of the hard drives I just replaced (connected via USB caddy) wasn't working. So I popped out the drive and took a look. This is what I found.
Uh-oh. A burn mark. Not good. Not good at all.
Hang on, it gets better. I took a look at the hard drive.
Above is the back of the hard drive. Burnt chip. This drive is literally fried.
I tried moving the plates from one IDE to another but that didn't work. It appears the plates are FUBAR as well.
I lost all my MP3's, a crapload of video material, a TON of photos..
And to think, I was going to transfer the data from there to my new drive before the end of this week.
More articles to check out
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984
- A list of ridiculously accurate watches