this is what happens when you don't back up your data
I noticed today that one of the hard drives I just replaced (connected via USB caddy) wasn't working. So I popped out the drive and took a look. This is what I found.
Uh-oh. A burn mark. Not good. Not good at all.
Hang on, it gets better. I took a look at the hard drive.
Above is the back of the hard drive. Burnt chip. This drive is literally fried.
I tried moving the plates from one IDE to another but that didn't work. It appears the plates are FUBAR as well.
I lost all my MP3's, a crapload of video material, a TON of photos..
And to think, I was going to transfer the data from there to my new drive before the end of this week.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see