What time is it? 4:30!
I don't like time zones at all. They're annoying. On the East coast of the USA there is the added annoyance of Daylight Savings Time. Fortunately in Connecticut we only have one time zone w/DST. It's a good thing I don't live in Indiana, they have three (EST with Daylight Savings, EST without Daylight Savings and CST).
It's enough to drive you up a wall.
There should be a way to abolish all these damn zones and just go by one world time, period. Does it exist?
"Internet time" was introduced on October 23, 1998. This method of time is not too hard to understand. Instead of hours and minutes, a day is calculated using 1000 "beats". A good calculator is here.
There are no zones. Everything revolves around one standard of measuring time. I think it's positively brilliant. Again, read this for a better explanation.
The coolest part: Watches are available that display internet time. I want one. 😉
Will Internet Time ever rule over traditional? Probably not... it makes too much sense. (grin)
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago