What time is it? 4:30!
I don't like time zones at all. They're annoying. On the East coast of the USA there is the added annoyance of Daylight Savings Time. Fortunately in Connecticut we only have one time zone w/DST. It's a good thing I don't live in Indiana, they have three (EST with Daylight Savings, EST without Daylight Savings and CST).
It's enough to drive you up a wall.
There should be a way to abolish all these damn zones and just go by one world time, period. Does it exist?
"Internet time" was introduced on October 23, 1998. This method of time is not too hard to understand. Instead of hours and minutes, a day is calculated using 1000 "beats". A good calculator is here.
There are no zones. Everything revolves around one standard of measuring time. I think it's positively brilliant. Again, read this for a better explanation.
The coolest part: Watches are available that display internet time. I want one. 😉
Will Internet Time ever rule over traditional? Probably not... it makes too much sense. (grin)
More articles to check out
- 32GB microSD memory cards might be on the way out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp