when 8.4MB hard drives were $4500.00
Ever think your computer is slow or out of date? Check this out.
Above: The TRS-80 "8.4 Million Bytes of Data" hard disk system. You could SAVE files (gasp!) and even RESTORE files (double gasp!) Frickin' amazing!
Well, back then it was. And it was as expensive as a compact car in those days.
Just for comparison, if you have a small (by today's standards) 20 gigabyte hard drive, that's 20,000,000,000 bytes (twenty billion).
Were you to buy a 20GB hard drive (if you could even find one), it's about, oh, fifteen bucks. 🙂
More articles to check out
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago
- Fender actually came correct with the Jag-Stang this time
- $10 fix for Fender Stratocaster tight string tension problem
- Alnico vs. ceramic magnet electric guitar pickups
- This is the proper orientation for a Stratocaster knob
- 2021 Fender Player Stratocaster Limited Edition Surf Pearl
- And then there were two (guitar minimalism)
- The 2,140 Calorie milkshake