Where the K-Mart -used- to be
I'm putting these photos up because I'm quite sure this place is going to change drastically over the next five years.
Below are some photos from the site of the where the old K-Mart used to be. For many years I remember going there with the family shopping as a kid. They always had a cool arcade in the lobby area, a place where I plunked down many quarters on games like Road Blasters while Mom shopped.
After K-Mart moved to a new shopping plaza a few miles away, the building remained for years, dormant. Recently, they started tearing the ground up, and now this is all that's left. Yes, the entire building is gone. The other "half" of the large parking lot still has stores in it.. just a scant few.
These shots were taken from the far side of the lot.
More articles to check out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing