I got a blast from the past which to date is the oldest contact yet: An e-mail from an ex-girlfriend I last knew almost 14 years ago. Yes this a girl I used to know before my 20s and has now found me at 33.
We traded a few e-mails, then traded phone numbers, then spoke yesterday on the phone. Very cool. She remembered quite a bit about me. During the conversation I remembered things about her too. It was interesting, it was ultra-nostalgic and it was surreal to speak with someone that I last knew when I was a teen (and so was she).
She also holds the distinction of being a girl I met online - but not via internet. Via BBS. Talk about old-school. "Wild Child" was her handle.
Something she said to me really hit a chord. She asked if I got married and all that. I said that I didn't but I still look pretty decent. She said yeah, that's why I still look decent and guys who don't settle down don't get fat.
That made me think for a moment. I guess I really haven't ever settled down. And when will I? I have no idea.
The best part about chatting with her is that she was really nice to me and I really needed that right now. I've been in the dumps concerning dating recently and my opinion of women soured. But then I get a call, I am told things in kind and yeah, it put a smile on my face combined with a lot of warm feelings.
Her words said to me "Rich, all girls are not bad." This is true. She's not bad at all. Never was.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see