Windows Media Player 10
Decided to give Windows Media Player 10 a whirl. It's free anyway so why not.
My opinion: I like it. This is the first WMP I've seen that actually does what it's supposed to do quite well.
First: Microsoft finally did something they should have done to WMP a long time ago, and that's put it on a diet. Since version 7, WMP has been bulky, weighty and just eats up computer memory. This one is much "slimmer" in that respect.
Second: A helluva lot easier to use. Buttons now make sense, menus have been redesigned. I was able to easily figure this one out.
Third: Looks better. The last WMP was a little too over-the-top in the way it worked. This one can be put in a plain "box" and looks fine when it's in that mode. To those people who still like those custom skins, yes you can still use them - but I always preferred WMP in stock form.
Fourth: Finally looks like the rest of Windows XP. WMP was a bit of an island unto itself. Now it actually matches the look of the XP OS a bit better.
Fifth: The Guide is actually worth looking at now. It's clean and music is easy to get to.
It's not often I say this (if ever,) but bravo Microsoft on this one. Well done. It's still not as quick as WinAMP, but now it's damn close.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?