word from the gen-x guy
Sometimes I wonder what generation I exactly fall in to. One who was born in the middle of a decade (1975 for me) has a tough time figuring that out.
It would seem that I'm in Generation X. That generation is defined as being born between 1964 and 1980.
Some may ask "Why the X?" It's because no one could put a label on that generation, so the generic X was used.
. . .
Gen-X folks were the first people to heavily use the internet, and before that we used BBS.
Today's younger generation thinks X folks are nothing but old farts.
Some say today's gen (born between 1986 to 1994) is the new "Me" generation. I don't think so. A more appropriate title would be Generation Zero.
- They are completely entrenched in consumerism (as if an iPod is worth anything.. heh.. not).
- They think any girl who is over 90 pounds in weight is fat.
- They have a completely warped sense of humor (i.e. guys falling off skateboards and breaking fingers is considered "funny").
- They believe that anyone over the age of 22 is old. I'm not kidding.
- They don't give a crap about anyone except themselves.
Sounds like a bunch of zeroes to me!
Hey, if the shoe fits..
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see