word or not?
Is it a word or not? Let's find out. The Merriam-Webster online dictionary has been used for fact checking.
Is this a word? NO. E-mail (note the dash), on the other hand, is.
Is this a word? NO. It should be web site because it is two words, not one.
Is this a word (in reference to a laptop or notebook computer)? NO. As a matter of fact, it doesn't exist - period. Although I love H*R, I wish they had never coined the phrase "lappy" in reference to a laptop computer, because there are some idiots out there who believe it literally does mean that.
Is this a word (in reference to an "instant message")? NO. It's a made-up abbreviation. Doesn't exist. Thanks for playing.
Is this a word (in reference to "computer")? NO. Granted, I myself have used this made-up word on a few occasions. And I vow never to use it on this blog ever again.
Is this a word (in reference "to search on the internet")? YES. It's true, these guys do exist in the dictionary.
Just shows the power of Google now, doesn't it? 🙂
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984