This is one of those computer nerdy geeky post things. You've been warned.
I had entertained the idea - very briefly - to move this blog over to wordpress.com and have a subdomain redirect there (which would have been rich.menga.net). And yes I even wasted ten bucks just to try it out.
What a waste of time that was.
For those not aware there are over 1,900 posts on this blog. That's what happens when you blog regularly for almost four-and-a-half years.
I mention this because on export, my WordPress WXR file is over 10MB in size. For a database export of a single personal blog that's pretty frickin' huge.
This is what happened on my attempt:
After acquiring my export file I imported it to a wordpress.com blog. Didn't work. The order of entries was all wrong and the lack of plugin ability makes it a nightmare to work with.
In addition I was unaware that wordpress.com puts ADS in strategic places which is really crappy. You spend 10 bucks only to be informed you have to spend another 30 just to remove the ads. Very, very crappy.
There was other stuff within the wordpress.com system that just outright ticked me off.
So in the end I'm staying right where I am with a self-hosted system. Yes it costs more but you do get what you pay for in this instance.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago