Works with Netscape 4.08!
Netscape used to be my favorite browser a long time ago. Back when the browser wars were in full swing, I was a hardcore Netscape user. I absolutely refused to use Internet
Exploder Explorer. I still hate using IE and am a Firefox nut now, but that's not the point. My Netscape flavor of choice was v4.08 "Browser Only" version. It was small and light. Worked great. I also used that browser to "bench test" all my web design, because I knew if a site worked in Netscape 4.08, it would work anywhere.
One thing that absolutely astonishes me is that yahoo.com still works (to this day!) with Netscape 4.08. Seriously, it leaves me scratching my head and saying to myself "How does Yahoo do that?" It's a true testament to good design if your site is that much backwards compatible.
But anyway, this current rendition of this site does work in Netscape 4.08. It's not perfect, but it does not crash the browser, everything shows up as it should and all pages work well. Kudos to me. (grin)
More articles to check out
- I bought an Ibanez AS73, and then returned it
- The Fender Modern Player Marauder needs to come back
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time