Chender Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster
This is absolutely the cheapest way to get a scalloped fretboard Strat.
For those of you that have always wanted to try out a scalloped fretboard Stratocaster but didn't have the cash to do it, trust me, you can afford this one.
Is it a China copy Stratocaster? Of course it is.
Will the guitar need some work once you get it? Probably. But even if it does need work, remember, you're getting the scalloped fretboard.
Put in really basic terms, the neck alone is worth the price you pay here.
Should Squier be offering a scalloped fretboard Strat?
I wish they would.
It's painfully obvious that you can order up Asian built guitars with scalloped fretboards for cheap. Most if not all Squier guitars are Asian builds.
I'm not even asking Squier to make a Malmsteen model. What I am saying is that they should offer something with a scalloped fretboard on it. Fender has a lot of freedom of design where the Squier brand is concerned, so if they wanted to, they could totally put together a Strat with an HSH pickup configuration and a scalloped fretboard. Alas, there isn't one.
Until Squier starts offering a model of Strat with a scalloped fretboard, your only choice is to get the China guitar or build it yourself with a Strat body, scalloped neck and your electronics of choice.
Like this article?
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- You don't need a solar watch
- Is the Bic Soft Feel the perfect pen?
- How to find really cheap new electric guitar necks
- Ridiculous: Ibanez Altstar ALT30
- SX Hawk in Lake Placid Blue is good
- Guitar neck thickness vs. shoulder
- Goodbye 2021
- My mild obsession with pens and pencils
- SX Hawk from Rondo on the way, and why I bought it
- A big problem with many quartz digital wristwatches