Chender Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster
This is absolutely the cheapest way to get a scalloped fretboard Strat.
For those of you that have always wanted to try out a scalloped fretboard Stratocaster but didn't have the cash to do it, trust me, you can afford this one.
Is it a China copy Stratocaster? Of course it is.
Will the guitar need some work once you get it? Probably. But even if it does need work, remember, you're getting the scalloped fretboard.
Put in really basic terms, the neck alone is worth the price you pay here.
Should Squier be offering a scalloped fretboard Strat?
I wish they would.
It's painfully obvious that you can order up Asian built guitars with scalloped fretboards for cheap. Most if not all Squier guitars are Asian builds.
I'm not even asking Squier to make a Malmsteen model. What I am saying is that they should offer something with a scalloped fretboard on it. Fender has a lot of freedom of design where the Squier brand is concerned, so if they wanted to, they could totally put together a Strat with an HSH pickup configuration and a scalloped fretboard. Alas, there isn't one.
Until Squier starts offering a model of Strat with a scalloped fretboard, your only choice is to get the China guitar or build it yourself with a Strat body, scalloped neck and your electronics of choice.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago