Useless But Cool Statistics
This blog has existed for 7150 days (19.6 years).
As of right now, there are 1,669 posts on this blog.
It is 31 days until New Years Day on January 1.
It is 335 days until Halloween on October 31.
It is 63 days until Groundhog Day on February 2.
I first started using GPS navigation 18.3 years ago.
MTV first aired 42.3 years ago.
The oldest email I have is 23.2 years old.
5 years ago was 2018.
10 years ago was 2013.
20 years ago was 2003.
30 years ago was 1993.
40 years ago was 1983.
50 years ago was 1973.
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace was released 24.5 years ago.
Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones was released 21.5 years ago.
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith was released 18.5 years ago.
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope was released 46.5 years ago.
Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back was released 43.5 years ago.
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi was released 40.5 years ago.
Star Trek: The Motion Picture was released 44 years ago.
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan was released 41.5 years ago.
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock was released 39.5 years ago.
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home was released 37 years ago.
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier was released 34.5 years ago.
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country was released 32 years ago.
The last episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation aired 29.5 years ago.
The last episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine aired 24.5 years ago.
The last episode of Star Trek: Voyager aired 22.5 years ago.
TRON was released 41.4 years ago.
Back to the Future was released 38.4 years ago.
The Black Hole was released 43.9 years ago.
The Breakfast Club was released 38.8 years ago.
Fantasia was released 83.1 years ago.
Jurassic Park was released 30.5 years ago.
The Dark Crystal was released 41 years ago.
Superman: The Movie was released 45 years ago.
Batman was released 34.4 years ago.
Dragonheart was released 27.5 years ago.
The Shawshank Redemption was released 29.2 years ago.
The Great Muppet Caper was released 42.4 years ago.
The Blues Brothers was released 43.4 years ago.
Clerks was released 29.1 years ago.
Clerks II was released 17.4 years ago.
Mallrats was released 28.1 years ago.
The first Ford Model A was delivered 120.4 years ago.
Microsoft Windows 3.1 was released 31.7 years ago.
Microsoft Windows 95 was released 28.3 years ago.
Microsoft Windows 98 was released 25.4 years ago.
Microsoft Windows ME was released 23.2 years ago.
Microsoft Windows XP was released 22.1 years ago.
Microsoft Windows Vista was released 16.8 years ago.
Microsoft Windows 7 was released 14.1 years ago.
Microsoft Windows 8 was released 11.1 years ago.
Microsoft Windows 8.1 was released 10.1 years ago.
Microsoft Windows 10 was released 8.3 years ago.
AOL Instant Messenger shut down 6 years ago.
Prior to that, AOL Instant Messenger had operated for 20.6 years.
Yahoo! Mail is 26.1 years old.
Yahoo! itself is 28.8 years old.
Hotmail is 27.4 years old.
Microsoft itself is 48.7 years old.
Gmail is 19.7 years old.
Google itself is 25.2 years old.
The World Wide Web is 32.3 years old.
The United States of America is 242.8 years old.
General bits of advice to make your life easier
- A cheap Casio wristwatch (especially the type with a "10 year battery") will outlast any smartphone.
- The fastest and easiest way to jot a note is on a cheap memo pad.
- Use pencils to jot down notes with and a manual pencil sharpener to sharpen pencils with. You never have to worry about running out of ink, nor do you need to worry about replacing batteries in the sharpener since it's manually operated.
- If you need to remember the name/brand/type of something you bought (example: a specific laundry detergent), take a photo of the package with your phone and mark it as a "favorite" in your phone's photo gallery app.
- If you need to remember where you parked in a large parking lot, again, take a reference photo with your phone, then refer back to it when leaving the store so you can find your car.
- For any really important documents you have, save them twice to two separate USB pendrives. And if it's super important, also print out a hard copy.
- It is worth it to have a cheap compass and road atlas in your car. You may never have to use them, but if you ever do, you'll be very glad to have them.
- Always get a paper receipt anywhere you shop. The paper receipt is sometimes the only thing you have to get a refund if need be, or be used to prove where you were at a specific date/time since all receipts have that information printed on them. (The date/time info can be confirmed where you made the purchase.)