The prettiest Fender Mustang ever?
Fender Japan gets it right once again.
Above is a Fender Mustang, but not just any Mustang. It's a Made-in-Japan '70s edition Mustang model in Flamingo Pink. And wow, is it gorgeous.
I don't collect guitars, but this is the first Mustang I've seen in a good long while where I can say yes, this one will be worth something in the future.
This is built the old school way, so it does have a butt-adjusted truss rod location, two phase slider switches above the pickups that allow for 4 pickup settings, and the old style Mustang "Dynamic Vibrato" system.
Mustangs like this do not come around very often. This is the kind of look that Fender fans really, really like. This is one seriously classy looking axe.
If you were to order one of these from Fender Custom Shop, it would cost thousands. But this MIJ is way less than Custom Shop prices (about the same you'd pay were it made in Mexico).
If you're a Mustang fan, this is the one to go for, no question about it.
👍 Did you find this article helpful? Be a good doobie and leave a tip
More articles to check out
- Is the ESP LTD F10 the ugliest cheap electric guitar?
- Fender "White Beauty" Stratocaster
- The 4 grits of sandpaper every guitar player needs
- I keep going back to the Casio 593 (F-91W and A158)
- Zoom R8 sending audio with effects over USB while in AUDIO I/F mode
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard 60s (and 50s) is a game changer
- Fender HM Strat is not a Stratocaster
- Squier raises the price on Classic Vibe Stratocasters
- Five of the better guitar shirts I've seen
- How to choose the right guitar octave pedal effect