The prettiest Fender Mustang ever?
Fender Japan gets it right once again.
Above is a Fender Mustang, but not just any Mustang. It's a Made-in-Japan '70s edition Mustang model in Flamingo Pink. And wow, is it gorgeous.
I don't collect guitars, but this is the first Mustang I've seen in a good long while where I can say yes, this one will be worth something in the future.
This is built the old school way, so it does have a butt-adjusted truss rod location, two phase slider switches above the pickups that allow for 4 pickup settings, and the old style Mustang "Dynamic Vibrato" system.
Mustangs like this do not come around very often. This is the kind of look that Fender fans really, really like. This is one seriously classy looking axe.
If you were to order one of these from Fender Custom Shop, it would cost thousands. But this MIJ is way less than Custom Shop prices (about the same you'd pay were it made in Mexico).
If you're a Mustang fan, this is the one to go for, no question about it.
More articles to check out
- The Fender Modern Player Marauder needs to come back
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone