Squier Classic Vibe Starcaster vs. Affinity Starcaster
It's half the guitar but still a great deal on a semi-hollow body electric.
To begin, yes the Starcaster has made a return as a Squier.
The Classic Vibe is more expensive than the Affinity. CV has chrome cover pickups, body binding, pick guard, four controls instead of just two and vintage style slotted tuners instead of sealed.
There are two things the Affinity model of the Starcaster has over the Classic Vibe.
First is the headstock treatment. Some people really don't like the black stripe. The Affinity eliminates that stripe.
Second is the fact you get a semi-hollow with dual humbuckers for such a low price.
The Affinity Starcaster is a 2019 semi-hollow electric selling new at a 2010 price. That's actually quite impressive.
More articles to check out
- It came from the ’90s: WAAF Unusual Suspects 1996
- To GPS or not to GPS?
- FM rock radio in 2020. Finally dead? Yes.
- The “Hide Away” Freddy King 11th chord
- Stop playing power chords
- What dashcam do you use? Viofo update, 300 days later
- Any good guitars for under $500?
- I bought another SX Furrian
- Metal’s continuing downward spiral
- EMF radiation danger in quartz watches – time to switch to automatic?