Squier Classic Vibe Starcaster vs. Affinity Starcaster
It's half the guitar but still a great deal on a semi-hollow body electric.
To begin, yes the Starcaster has made a return as a Squier.
The Classic Vibe is more expensive than the Affinity. CV has chrome cover pickups, body binding, pick guard, four controls instead of just two and vintage style slotted tuners instead of sealed.
There are two things the Affinity model of the Starcaster has over the Classic Vibe.
First is the headstock treatment. Some people really don't like the black stripe. The Affinity eliminates that stripe.
Second is the fact you get a semi-hollow with dual humbuckers for such a low price.
The Affinity Starcaster is a 2019 semi-hollow electric selling new at a 2010 price. That's actually quite impressive.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago