Squier Classic Vibe Starcaster vs. Affinity Starcaster
It's half the guitar but still a great deal on a semi-hollow body electric.
To begin, yes the Starcaster has made a return as a Squier.
The Classic Vibe is more expensive than the Affinity. CV has chrome cover pickups, body binding, pick guard, four controls instead of just two and vintage style slotted tuners instead of sealed.
There are two things the Affinity model of the Starcaster has over the Classic Vibe.
First is the headstock treatment. Some people really don't like the black stripe. The Affinity eliminates that stripe.
Second is the fact you get a semi-hollow with dual humbuckers for such a low price.
The Affinity Starcaster is a 2019 semi-hollow electric selling new at a 2010 price. That's actually quite impressive.
👍 Did you find this article helpful? Be a good doobie and leave a tip
More articles to check out
- The secret that country guitar players use for clean tone
- Whatever happened to the Washburn Nuno Bettencourt N4 guitar?
- How to intonate a guitar with a floating bridge
- How to fix the intonation problem on the Squier Bullet Mustang HH
- Telecasters don't have lipstick pickups
- Halloween guitars
- It looks like Gibson DOES make a double-neck guitar
- Ernie Ball Cobalt strings are too bright?
- The only double neck electric guitar worth buying
- Hate it all you want, NATO is the best watch strap there is