Squier Classic Vibe Starcaster vs. Affinity Starcaster
It's half the guitar but still a great deal on a semi-hollow body electric.
To begin, yes the Starcaster has made a return as a Squier.
The Classic Vibe is more expensive than the Affinity. CV has chrome cover pickups, body binding, pick guard, four controls instead of just two and vintage style slotted tuners instead of sealed.
There are two things the Affinity model of the Starcaster has over the Classic Vibe.
First is the headstock treatment. Some people really don't like the black stripe. The Affinity eliminates that stripe.
Second is the fact you get a semi-hollow with dual humbuckers for such a low price.
The Affinity Starcaster is a 2019 semi-hollow electric selling new at a 2010 price. That's actually quite impressive.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see