Squier Classic Vibe Starcaster vs. Affinity Starcaster
It's half the guitar but still a great deal on a semi-hollow body electric.
To begin, yes the Starcaster has made a return as a Squier.
The Classic Vibe is more expensive than the Affinity. CV has chrome cover pickups, body binding, pick guard, four controls instead of just two and vintage style slotted tuners instead of sealed.
There are two things the Affinity model of the Starcaster has over the Classic Vibe.
First is the headstock treatment. Some people really don't like the black stripe. The Affinity eliminates that stripe.
Second is the fact you get a semi-hollow with dual humbuckers for such a low price.
The Affinity Starcaster is a 2019 semi-hollow electric selling new at a 2010 price. That's actually quite impressive.
More articles to check out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing