florida is in the land of make believe
I discovered this song today, and yes I actually like it. Before I tell you why, here's the song and video:
The "19" you see at top left is because this was on a list of the 100 worst videos of all time and ended up in the top 20.
Why do I like this? Several reasons.
Guys with tiger/leopard cut-off sleeve shirts, girls wearing next to nothing with big hair (awesome), lots of shiny bits that people wear and an extremely over-processed sound as far as the song goes, but that's fine because it fits.
The set is frappin' huge
Look at how many PEOPLE are there all dancing around. Look at the fact there's a POOL in the middle of the set which is deep enough to DIVE in (you see a dude actually do it late in the video). Heck, in some scenes you can see a BOAT in the water.
Come to sunny Florida
Right before the 3-minute mark you see this:
It's only there for a few seconds. It makes absolutely NO SENSE AT ALL as to why it's there in The Land of Make Believe. It's like the director said, "Okay, we need to have a shot of a hot girl in a bikini.. how can we fit this in?", someone replied with, "Hey! We have this BIG-ASS FLORIDA BACKDROP, let's use that!", and the director replied with, "Yep, that'll work!"
This is a UK group by the way, so it's very likely the video shoot was in the UK. That being the case, why was a big-ass Florida backdrop even there?
I guess we'll never know.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago