2017 Collectible - Fender American Special Stratocaster Mystic Seafoam
This is one to get just for the color.
We've already seen a Mystic Seafoam Telecaster and a Mystic Seafoam Jazzmaster, but now Fender has released a Mystic Seafoam Stratocaster. And it just so happens that it's the most affordable of the lot since it's an American Special model and not American Professional.
Is this particular Strat any different compared to other Fender American Special Strats? Not that I can tell. Same measurements, same electronics, same neck, same pickups.
The only thing that makes this one stick out is the color. At the time I write this, it's not even listed on Fender's web site as an option, but as you see from the photo above, yes it certainly does exist.
Out of the finish options for new American Fender guitars this year, Mystic Seafoam is the best of the bunch. Think of it as a Candy Apple Red in a teal-like color. It has about the same amount of metallic flake as CAR but with a blue/green hue to it.
The Special is a good guitar, so if you were thinking about getting one, go for the Mystic Seafoam. It is an easy collectible due to the fact it is the sole Strat model offered in that color, and also the only Special model offered in that color as well.
More articles to check out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing