2017 Collectible - Fender American Special Stratocaster Mystic Seafoam
This is one to get just for the color.
We've already seen a Mystic Seafoam Telecaster and a Mystic Seafoam Jazzmaster, but now Fender has released a Mystic Seafoam Stratocaster. And it just so happens that it's the most affordable of the lot since it's an American Special model and not American Professional.
Is this particular Strat any different compared to other Fender American Special Strats? Not that I can tell. Same measurements, same electronics, same neck, same pickups.
The only thing that makes this one stick out is the color. At the time I write this, it's not even listed on Fender's web site as an option, but as you see from the photo above, yes it certainly does exist.
Out of the finish options for new American Fender guitars this year, Mystic Seafoam is the best of the bunch. Think of it as a Candy Apple Red in a teal-like color. It has about the same amount of metallic flake as CAR but with a blue/green hue to it.
The Special is a good guitar, so if you were thinking about getting one, go for the Mystic Seafoam. It is an easy collectible due to the fact it is the sole Strat model offered in that color, and also the only Special model offered in that color as well.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
- my transition to the jazzmaster
- Casio F-91W cheat sheet
- Vintage vs. Modern tuners on a Stratocaster
- The Korg GA30 tuner is still useful
- Why are barbers these days so terrible?
- Zoom R8 detailed track sequencer view, and notes about manuals
- List of 24.75" scale length guitars and other shorter models
- How to become a famous guitar player using just the internet
- Everything you ever wanted to know about adjusting a guitar truss rod
- Casio A500WGA-1DF watch review