Fender (or Squier) needs to release a standard reverse headstock Strat
I find it interesting that Fender doesn't do this. They should.
Just for kicks I went through both Fender and Squier's entire lineup of Strats just to see how many reverse headstock models exist.
On the Fender side, there is one production model and three from Fender Custom Shop. The production model is the Jimi Hendrix Stratocaster. The three custom shop models are the Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child Strat, Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child Strat Journeyman Relic and the Dick Dale Signature Stratocaster.
On the Squier side there is the Contemporary Stratocaster HH.
As you'll notice, none of these are traditional build Strats. All of them have custom stuff in them.
Given the fact that most guitarists think reverse headstock Strats are cool, and that cool factor matters for guitar sales, why isn't there a "plain" Fender or Squier Stratocaster with a reverse headstock?
This is what I suggest to Fender if they happen to read this: Do a short run of Mexico-build Player model reverse headstock SSS Strats as a test and have Guitar Center/Musician's Friend sell them. Call it the Player Reverse. Three solid color finish options. Sunburst, Buttercream and Tidepool. 1-piece maple necks only. Use necks with the larger headstock and the transition a.k.a. '70s style logo treatment. No need to reinvent the wheel here.
If it's a Squier, release as a short run Classic Vibe model. Take the Contemporary HH model, put that back to a traditional build style with traditional SSS pickups and tremolo, offer in 1 or 2 colors with 1-piece maple neck.
I think either of these would sell well. Flipped headstocks on Strats just look cool.
👍 Did you find this article helpful? Be a good doobie and leave a tip
More articles to check out
- The only double neck electric guitar worth buying
- Hate it all you want, NATO is the best watch strap there is
- Guitar options for nickel allergy sufferers
- Holy Diver Les Paul Outfit is actually impressive
- GPS adventures for 2019
- ESP is doing the best fade guitar finish right now
- A bad guitar string can cause buzzing on just one fret
- Fender (or Squier) needs to release a standard reverse headstock Strat
- Schecter Omen Extreme-6, 3 months later
- How to avoid guitar shipping damage