The 5 best Black Friday Gibson guitar buys for 2016
The day I post this is the biggest shopping day of the year for 2016. Some of you will be going to guitar stores to buy guitars. If you intend on doing that and are going for a Gibson this year, see these first because you're about to see 5 Gibsons that are not available in guitar stores at all, but you can get them here.
I've decided to list nothing but red guitars because red is a festive color. 🙂
The M2 is lean-and-mean with a SlimTaper neck, nitro gloss on the body and nitro satin on the neck. Very smooth player, USA-made (as are all the guitars on this list) and most importantly, less than half the price of a USA-made Fender Stratocaster.
This is a simplified Les Paul (note that it only has 2 knobs) with a more subdued look. Has a swamp ash body and alnico 5 magnet "double slugs" pickups.
The Firebird is a guitar I intend to own someday personally and if I had the cash I'd seriously consider this one. Cardinal Red is such a screamer of a color. This one has the 496R/500T pickup combo. If you're familiar with "SG scream" where tone is concerned, this Firebird has that.
I really dig the design of this particular SG because it has that early-early Gibson design influence to it. Gold top hat knobs, keystone tuners, and so on create a very cool look all around. The pickups in this one are a '57 Classic in the bridge and a '57 Classic Plus in the neck.
This "Classic" Les Paul is basically a Standard without the asymmetrical neck or any robot tuner junk on it. Like the SG mentioned above, this one has a pair of '57 pickups in it as well. Does the Classic cost less than the Standard? Yes. You save about $500 going with this one, and yes it will still retain good resale value if you plan on selling it later on.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see