Guitar of the week #61 - Fender Modern Player Telecaster Plus
This is the best Chinese Fender made right now.
The Fender Modern Player Telecaster Plus is one of only two guitars left from the Fender Modern Player Series. The only other one that's still out there is Fender Modern Player Telecaster Thinline Deluxe.
To the best of my knowledge, all Modern Player Fender guitars are made in China, but as I can tell you from first hand experience, these are awesome guitars. The ONLY reason they sell for as cheap as they do is because of where they're made.
The best of the best from the Modern Player Series is the Telecaster Plus shown above. No question about it. The guitar is an HSS with a coil-split toggle switch between the volume and tone controls for the rear humbucker. The blade selector is 5-way.
Basically, this Tele is a hot-rodded Strat. It even has the belly cut in the back of the body. Yes, it does.
Also, again speaking from personal experience, the Honey Burst finish looks way better in person than in photos. You'd swear this is a $2,000 guitar but it's priced nowhere near that.
How does it play? Wonderfully. How does it sound? Loud and awesome.
Get one before Fender stops making them. If I had the cash, I'd buy one myself right now and I'm not kidding.
More articles to check out
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see
- Using a stock guitar
- Fender Player Lead II is awful (get the III instead)