Guitar of the week #61 - Fender Modern Player Telecaster Plus
This is the best Chinese Fender made right now.
The Fender Modern Player Telecaster Plus is one of only two guitars left from the Fender Modern Player Series. The only other one that's still out there is Fender Modern Player Telecaster Thinline Deluxe.
To the best of my knowledge, all Modern Player Fender guitars are made in China, but as I can tell you from first hand experience, these are awesome guitars. The ONLY reason they sell for as cheap as they do is because of where they're made.
The best of the best from the Modern Player Series is the Telecaster Plus shown above. No question about it. The guitar is an HSS with a coil-split toggle switch between the volume and tone controls for the rear humbucker. The blade selector is 5-way.
Basically, this Tele is a hot-rodded Strat. It even has the belly cut in the back of the body. Yes, it does.
Also, again speaking from personal experience, the Honey Burst finish looks way better in person than in photos. You'd swear this is a $2,000 guitar but it's priced nowhere near that.
How does it play? Wonderfully. How does it sound? Loud and awesome.
Get one before Fender stops making them. If I had the cash, I'd buy one myself right now and I'm not kidding.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two