I bought another SX Furrian
It's Banana Part II!
I now own two SX Furrians. These are Telecaster copy guitars from Rondo and SX is one of Rondo's three 6-string guitar brands. The other two are Hadean and Agile.
Why did I buy another? I had a few reasons.
The first Furrian is a "fat" model, which means single-coil at the bridge and humbucker at the neck. I had never owned a Tele with this specific pickup configuration before and wanted to check it out. SX Furrian Fat is far less expensive compared to the Squier equivalent. Squier does make one, it's called the Classic Vibe '70s Telecaster Custom, and it's not cheap. I saw no reason to get the Squier since the SX was so much less in price.
Given the good experience I had with the SX, I decided to get another, this time with the traditional single-single Telecaster pickup configuration. Those who have been following me over the years probably remember the 2010 Squier Bullet Strat I had in what I called "Banana" yellow that Squier called Arctic White. SX offers a Furrian in Vintage White, which is very close in color to what I had with the Squier, so that's what I went with. The color looks great and I have no regrets getting it whatsoever.
The second Furrian has three things that are notably different compared to the first Fat Furrian, other than color. The neck is several shades lighter, the body is lighter (around 1 to 1.5 pounds lighter), and the sound has much more treble response to it because of the single-single pickup configuration.
More articles to check out
- To GPS or not to GPS?
- FM rock radio in 2020. Finally dead? Yes.
- The “Hide Away” Freddy King 11th chord
- Stop playing power chords
- What dashcam do you use? Viofo update, 300 days later
- Any good guitars for under $500?
- I bought another SX Furrian
- Metal’s continuing downward spiral
- EMF radiation danger in quartz watches – time to switch to automatic?
- All about TAXI A&R membership, thoughts on whether metal music sells anymore