If Fender built a Jazzmaster like this, I would buy it
You probably can't afford this, but if you can, you should get one.
I've not mentioned Bacchus guitars for a long time, but given I'm thinking about getting a Jazzmaster type guitar again, I took a look at the Surf-Breaker model.
The Bacchus Surf-Breaker SBL is made in Japan, and it's not cheap. About $2,200. And that doesn't include shipping.
This is a Jazzmaster body shape made of ash with a 24.75" scale neck (available in maple or with rosewood fingerboard.) Fingerboard radius is about 11 inch (280mm). The finish is matte. Pickups are American. The front is a gold foil with thick 44 gauge wiring. Rear pickups is a Telecaster style overwound with alnico 5 magnet pieces using enamel wire. Tuners are premium Gotoh.
What's not said is that when you order one of these, it's essentially hand crafted for you. The only thing you don't get is nitro, but that's totally fine considering how good this looks.
No, I can't afford this guitar, but this is about as perfect as you can get for a blend of Jazzmaster and Telecaster with a Les Paul scale.
The Surf-Breaker is vintage + modern guitar design done very, very right.
More articles to check out
- Buy a new car or keep driving an old car?
- Dirt cheap Jazz-Strat HSS... worth getting?
- The easier way to play a cowboy G riff on guitar
- If Fender built a Jazzmaster like this, I would buy it
- Re-buying guitars is a bad idea?
- Navigating in northern Dallas-Fort Worth Texas (it's awful?)
- You might as well wear a mask that looks cool
- The one reason why you should buy a Casio A700W
- Fretless bass for under $350 USD (way under!)
- Secret Casio CA-53W calculator watch diagnostic screen, and future watch buys