If Fender built a Jazzmaster like this, I would buy it
You probably can't afford this, but if you can, you should get one.
I've not mentioned Bacchus guitars for a long time, but given I'm thinking about getting a Jazzmaster type guitar again, I took a look at the Surf-Breaker model.
The Bacchus Surf-Breaker SBL is made in Japan, and it's not cheap. About $2,200. And that doesn't include shipping.
This is a Jazzmaster body shape made of ash with a 24.75" scale neck (available in maple or with rosewood fingerboard.) Fingerboard radius is about 11 inch (280mm). The finish is matte. Pickups are American. The front is a gold foil with thick 44 gauge wiring. Rear pickups is a Telecaster style overwound with alnico 5 magnet pieces using enamel wire. Tuners are premium Gotoh.
What's not said is that when you order one of these, it's essentially hand crafted for you. The only thing you don't get is nitro, but that's totally fine considering how good this looks.
No, I can't afford this guitar, but this is about as perfect as you can get for a blend of Jazzmaster and Telecaster with a Les Paul scale.
The Surf-Breaker is vintage + modern guitar design done very, very right.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Guys who own stupid expensive and stupid cheap guitars at the same time
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods