it only took 5 years
Today I login to my YouTube account, check the settings to see if my copyright strike from 5 years ago is still there, and...
...the strike is finally gone. I originally had 2 strikes. One was removed a year (maybe 2 by now) ago, but that other one from 2007 just stuck there and would not go away.
There were 2 things I couldn't do with that strike there. The first is that I couldn't apply to be a partner, and the second that the ability to post "unlisted" videos isn't available to anyone with a strike. Otherwise I have a fully-loaded channel, meaning it's allowed for me to post videos over 15 minutes and I have the monetization option.
Originally I wanted a YouTube partnership for monetization, but I already have that and it's something that basically doesn't work very well because there are far too many restrictions. However, what I am interested in are YouTube Rentals. There are materials I can make that would work very well there.
But.. and you knew this was coming.. I've hit a snag.
The YouTube site states I must have approved monetized videos in order to apply to be a partner. Well, I do, yet the system still "thinks" I don't. Weird. I'm going to give the system a few days to play catch-up with my existing monetized videos, and hopefully that will cure that ill. If not, I'll have to dive into the dreaded YouTube support forums.
On the immediate plus side, I finally have the ability to post unlisted videos again. An unlisted video is for all intents and purposes semi-private. It's not publicly searchable on the YouTube site, nor is it private to where only certain people can view it. Unlisted is literally "whoever has the link can view the video" - and I do like having that option because there may be a few instances where I can use it. For example I could post Facebook-only videos that way via YouTube.
Anyway, it's nice that last strike is finally frickin' gone.
9 days until the next newsletter. Don't miss out.
👍 Like this article? Send a tip.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Cheap guitar collectible for end of 2021, Squier Bullet Stratocaster HT
- There's still a need for the Tascam DP-006
- This year's Thanksgiving guitar, Gretsch G5031FT Rancher
- A thing to watch out for with cheap Strat copy guitars
- Burgundy Mist makes an appearance on a very affordable Telecaster
- Two mailing address solutions we don't use but should
- Bad vision friendly watch, Casio W218
- How I feel about the phone these days as a Gen-X in the 20s
- A better green Fender Telecaster
- Living with a high mileage car (over 144,000 miles!)