Jackson almost has a winner with the Dominion DX2
This is closer to being the Dominion that needs to exist, but not quite.
I said back in 2018 that Jackson has this cool curvy Dominion guitar, and that they really needed to release a sub-$500 version of it.
Why did I say that? Because it's one of the best guitars Jackson has that's unique to the brand, and a more affordable version would put this axe in the hands of more players.
The price for a DX2 from Guitar Center at the moment is not $500. But it is less in price compared to the similar 2018 model, so that's at least a little good news.
This guitar could have been $499. If the DiMarzio pickups were dropped for plain Jackson-branded, and the quartersawn neck was dropped for bolt-on plainsawn, it could be that price.
Yeah, I know this is a "signature" guitar. Whatever. Don't care. What I see is something from Jackson that's not a Dinky, King V or Soloist that's unique and cool... but priced too high for younger players to afford.
Why do I think this is such a great axe from Jackson?
It's a 24.75" scale hardtail like a Les Paul but with a 12"-to-16" compound radius fingerboard, a full 4-knob electronics layout, simple 3-way switching, a neck with a silky smooth satin rear finishing, and a body with a contour cut on the rear for extra comfort.
In other words, a really good combination of things many players, myself included, would like.
The Dominion is genuinely a good guitar.
Or it would be, if it were more affordable.
👍 Did you find this article helpful? Be a good doobie and leave a tip
More articles to check out
- The secret that country guitar players use for clean tone
- Whatever happened to the Washburn Nuno Bettencourt N4 guitar?
- How to intonate a guitar with a floating bridge
- How to fix the intonation problem on the Squier Bullet Mustang HH
- Telecasters don't have lipstick pickups
- Halloween guitars
- It looks like Gibson DOES make a double-neck guitar
- Ernie Ball Cobalt strings are too bright?
- The only double neck electric guitar worth buying
- Hate it all you want, NATO is the best watch strap there is