I have a Plusdeck specifically in my computer to convert music stuff I've recorded over the years from audio cassette to MP3.
And man did I come across something... old. 🙂
I was able to get WHUS radio (that's University of Connecticut's radio station) and recorded stuff off that from time to time. Most of it sucked, but I happened to find this little thing from around 1989. It's some band called "Overlord" doing their best to wreck a classical song. Lots of bands wrecked classical songs like this. Funny stuff. The recording is AWFUL.
What's even more interesting (and I'm dating myself here) is that in order to contact bands back then, you actually had to write them. As in put a letter in the mailbox.
As a side note, my friends and I called WHUS "wuss" radio. Very old joke.
More articles to check out
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984
- A list of ridiculously accurate watches