I have a Plusdeck specifically in my computer to convert music stuff I've recorded over the years from audio cassette to MP3.
And man did I come across something... old. 🙂
I was able to get WHUS radio (that's University of Connecticut's radio station) and recorded stuff off that from time to time. Most of it sucked, but I happened to find this little thing from around 1989. It's some band called "Overlord" doing their best to wreck a classical song. Lots of bands wrecked classical songs like this. Funny stuff. The recording is AWFUL.
What's even more interesting (and I'm dating myself here) is that in order to contact bands back then, you actually had to write them. As in put a letter in the mailbox.
As a side note, my friends and I called WHUS "wuss" radio. Very old joke.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two