I have a Plusdeck specifically in my computer to convert music stuff I've recorded over the years from audio cassette to MP3.
And man did I come across something... old. 🙂
I was able to get WHUS radio (that's University of Connecticut's radio station) and recorded stuff off that from time to time. Most of it sucked, but I happened to find this little thing from around 1989. It's some band called "Overlord" doing their best to wreck a classical song. Lots of bands wrecked classical songs like this. Funny stuff. The recording is AWFUL.
What's even more interesting (and I'm dating myself here) is that in order to contact bands back then, you actually had to write them. As in put a letter in the mailbox.
As a side note, my friends and I called WHUS "wuss" radio. Very old joke.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see