Play a girl's guitar and get YouTube-famous instantly?
This is something I wrote on my Facebook page, but it's worth a mention here because it makes a good point:
I have seen metal players with enough balls to tear up a Hello Kitty Squier. But I have *never* seen any metal player with the balls to tear it up on a Daisy Rock Debutante. If you want to become YouTube instant-metal-famous, do a drop-B riff on a Daisy Rock Debutante "Peppermint" or "Butterfly" and oh yes, you'll get noticed. Remember, there's no such thing as bad publicity. If you want to get famous on YouTube fast, play a "girl's guitar". Always works. 🙂
In all seriousness, the YouTube audience does like stupid videos. If you as a guitar player take the most "girly" guitar you can find, like a Squier Hello Kitty or like instrument that's decidedly "girly" and post YouTube videos of you playing it, you're basically guaranteeing yourself views just based on how "unmanly" the guitar you're playing is.
The crazy part is that yes, this does work. If you want fast exposure for yourself on YouTube as a guitar player, get a "girl's guitar" and play some metal on it. It will get you some views. Probably a lot of them. 🙂
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Hamburger: The Motion Picture
- Guys who own stupid expensive and stupid cheap guitars at the same time
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one