Used BOSS pedals aren't worth buying
I saw my fair share of used guitar pedals at the show I went to recently. The prices weren't good for them. And they never are.
Something I saw at the Dallas International Guitar Festival in addition to guitars were of course pedals. This one particular seller had a whole table with a bunch of BOSS effects on it.
They were all overpriced.
In the photo above, the two examples where you save next to nothing buying used are the SD-1 for $40 and the DS-1 for $45. Brand new, the SD-1 at the time I write this is $50, and the DS-1 new is also $50. Had I bought those two pedals from this seller, I only would have saved $15.
I can't blame this particular seller for overpricing used BOSS pedals however, because all sellers that sell used BOSS do this.
For example, a truly good used price on a DS-1 should be $35. But that's not what happens. Every seller tries to get rid of these for more when they're simply not worth it.
Prices aren't that much better on eBay. If you search for a used DS-1 with free shipping, the best price available is $40. Again, it should be $35. For the ones without free shipping, guess what happens. The shipping cost punches up the price to, you guessed it, 40 bucks minimum total spent.
If you're going to buy BOSS, buy new, because you barely save anything buying used.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see