Used BOSS pedals aren't worth buying
I saw my fair share of used guitar pedals at the show I went to recently. The prices weren't good for them. And they never are.
Something I saw at the Dallas International Guitar Festival in addition to guitars were of course pedals. This one particular seller had a whole table with a bunch of BOSS effects on it.
They were all overpriced.
In the photo above, the two examples where you save next to nothing buying used are the SD-1 for $40 and the DS-1 for $45. Brand new, the SD-1 at the time I write this is $50, and the DS-1 new is also $50. Had I bought those two pedals from this seller, I only would have saved $15.
I can't blame this particular seller for overpricing used BOSS pedals however, because all sellers that sell used BOSS do this.
For example, a truly good used price on a DS-1 should be $35. But that's not what happens. Every seller tries to get rid of these for more when they're simply not worth it.
Prices aren't that much better on eBay. If you search for a used DS-1 with free shipping, the best price available is $40. Again, it should be $35. For the ones without free shipping, guess what happens. The shipping cost punches up the price to, you guessed it, 40 bucks minimum total spent.
If you're going to buy BOSS, buy new, because you barely save anything buying used.
👍 Did you find this article helpful? Be a good doobie and leave a tip
More articles to check out
- State of the watch collection for end of 2019
- Why do we keep going back to the Stratocaster?
- The good and bad of preordering a guitar
- 1989 Squier II Stratocaster rides again
- Casio F-91W cheat sheet
- Did PRS win best black guitar of 2019?
- Black Friday guitars 2019
- The HSS guitar is not a good idea
- Cheap Strat copy replacement necks are sometimes better than genuine Fender
- This is most retro Casio watch released in almost 34 years